Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Pint is a Pound the World Around

Friday -- May 17 When Mike, my husband, packs for a backpacking trip, he recites "a pint is a pound the world around." And now, since I've been working at Ibny, I can say that kids are also the same the world around. There is nothing surprising about the behavior of these 3,4, and 5 year olds that I have seen here. They are open to the songs we sing and the other activities...no one says, "I don't want to!" Some are a little naughty sometimes. But they are all eager to slap hands, "Give me five." They are full of smiles. I'm smitten.
We always begin with three songs and then on to a craft or activity. Today we made pipe cleaner bracelets, and tomorrow plan on going outside to play kick ball and hot potato.
We have also been getting to know the teachers. We trade information about ourselves, where we are from and pictures of our families. They also share their stories. The three classrooms that are used by Ibny are well equiped with age appropriate toys and books. The rooms are brightly painted with Disney cut-outs and other cartoon characters.
Our afternoon program was made up of the Mansour Band--traditional Moraccan music that is played at weddings. Drums, etc and two long horns--what a blast.
To Fez for the weekend.

Pictures: Musicians and Musical Instruments

 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home